Home > Exhibition > Content

bulb holder types

Mar 12, 2018

The oven lamp holder (head) which begins with E is an ordinary screw holder, which is the most commonly used oven lamp holder.The number behind it represents the size of the lamp holder. E27 is the bulb lamp holder that we normally use. E14 is smaller than E27. E40 is bigger than E27.Usually,there are two types lamp holder of 85W energy-saving lamps:E27 and E40.

e14 light bulb holder.jpg

e27 lamp holder.jpg

The lamp holder which begins with GU is our bayonet type for daily use, in which G denotes that the lamp type is plug-in type, U denotes that the lamp head part presents a U-shape,  and the number behind lamp head denotes the center distance of the lamp foot hole (unit: mm) "), such as GU10.


The lamp holder (head) which begins with the MR is a common lamp holder for the in-line local lighting spotlight. This spotlight usually has two pins and is easy to install. For example, MR16 refers to a lighting fixture with a multi-faceted reflector with a maximum outer diameter of 2 inches.


MRMR (Multiface Reflect) refers to a polyhedron (lamp reflector), and the following numbers indicate the diameter of the lamp cup (units: 1/8 inch). For example, the MR16 has an aperture of 16×1/8=2 inches and is about 50 mm.


PAR lamps, also known as downlights, illuminate light beams, and are often used as stage lighting, dynamic color change, etc., and they are are common on the stage.Such lamps generally consume large amounts of electricity and have high temperatures, and are now being replaced by LED lamps.


The lamp holder which begins with the AR is an aluminum cold reflective halogen spotlight.


G12 is a single ended tubular metal halide bulb.